Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Hot, pregnant and entertaining two toddlers!

So, as a true Brit, I have been complaining about the cold weather and wishing summer would finally arrive! And also as a true Brit, I have then complained now the warm weather is here because it's so flipping hot!lol!

Now, if I had a beach gorgeous body, time to read a book in the sun, perhaps perfect some lovely Nigella summer recipes, or even make my own summery cocktails then I wouldn't be complaining. I would have time to visit the beach and enjoy our life near the sea. Instead, I have the following to contend with:

  1. I am 6 months pregnant.
  2. I am therefore hot, and feel like a hermit trying to stay out of the warm weather in the cool of the house.
  3. I have swelling feet... and that's just not pretty!
  4. I have two toddlers who are equally hot and fed up of being inside.
  5. I have just potty trained my eldest toddler (YAY!) but I am too paranoid to make trips too far, let alone go out in the car for more than 10 minutes.
  6. My eldest toddler has also now found a new independence from ditching the nappies and therefore won't follow any request or guidelines I set.
  7. My youngest toddler is in the copying phase, mostly copying all of the non-compliance as above, and will just cry if she's not getting what she wants.
  8. Oh, did I add I'm 6 months pregnant and hot...!lol!
  9. My housework list is unbelievable and I haven't got the motivation or energy to do it at the moment.
  10. My toddlers are bored and don't know what to do with themselves because the best thing at the moment for all of us is to stay out of the heat.
In less than 3 months time we will have 3 children under 3 years old! And I am truely looking forward to that point. I am looking forward to us being able to enjoy our family and get on with family life. Having 3 children so close together means our life has been on hold to some extent for a while now. This will be our last child and I am thrilled that we are expecting a boy this time!

I have a number of sewing projects I want to complete before the baby arrives ready for Christmas, and have successfully written most of our Christmas cards with a blank area for the new baby's name!

This weekend myself and Mr Strong will be tackling the bedrooms - Erin will be moving into Lara's room, so we have time to de-pink Erin's old room and get the girls used to sharing before the baby arrives. Plus this will also solve the problem of the girls bouncing on the bed!! They will be moving to the downstairs bedroom - which is the best we can do with the house room layout. The lounge is upstairs so in the daytime I won't be, for the millionth time, shouting "STOP BOUNCING ON THE BED!". I dread to think what passers by think with me raising my voice so often! We may have to introduce a different method of discipline fairly soon!!

Erin starts nursery in January with her free 15 hours a week, which I am thoroughly looking forward to! She is bored being at home, we don't have a garden which is proving an issue at the moment, and I can't stimulate her enough with activities at home with a younger toddler and limited energy reserves.

I keep reading in the media about all these celebrities glowing with pregnancy, with their "tea dresses" and seemingly perfect complexions. I however, am red-faced and puffy, have swollen ankles by the end of the day, and I am trying to manage with a limited maternity wardrobe - none of which fits perfectly and I have one maxi dress which I could happily live in. I can't afford to go and buy nice new things perfect for any weather when the reality is this is my last pregnancy, and there are other more important things to buy at the moment like shoes for the girls etc.

We have been really busy with a number of things recently, and I don't feel like we've really stopped for months. However, we are now at a breathing point - although we have jobs to do, we only have a few things booked in for weekends in the next month or so and I am consciously trying to wind down. I would love to "nest" but as any of you with young children know, it's not always possible!

One day, somehow, I will get around to having some "me" time, and Mr Strong and I might actually have some spare cash to go out to the cinema or for a meal. But for now, I have to be content with what I have.

I am thoroughly looking forward to having three children, a bustling household, and when they are older, a house that is never empty. I love the idea of having our children's friends in and out of our house, it being open for people to pop in whenever they want, for cake to always be at the ready and the kettle always on! Of a childhood for my children that is plentiful - ok, it isn't always going to be plain sailing, and it isn't always going to be financially comfortable - but life would be boring if it wasn't challenging at times! I just have to keep reminding myself that the challenges are a good thing! Haha!

Enjoy the rest of your summers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: