Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Announcing Baby No. 3!

I have just realised, and it was not intentional at all, that I haven't blogged for a while!!

The one thing that I have wanted to write about for so long, and what sparked my Reflection post - very much talking to myself as well as my readers - is that we are expecting baby No. 3!!

I am almost 15 weeks pregnant, and it was a bit of a surprise but we are happy to be expanding our family!

After having Erin and Lara so close, 14 months apart, I have to say I was mildly terrified to think we will be having another who will be 19 months younger than Lara. That means for 2 months we will have 3 children under 3!

We won't have a break between teething, and Erin will be starting Nursery part time when the baby is nearly 3 months, so the timing means we will just keep going! We have come to the conclusion that by doing it this way we will be doing the hard work all in one go and reap the benefits as they grow up close together.

We had been discussing whether to have another in the future (perhaps when Erin goes to school) and I had decided I would be disappointed if we made any decision that took away the option of having another in the future.

We had agreed to keep our options open for another couple of years just as I started to feel not quite myself. I was completely shattered which was the first "warning" sign. And I felt a bit queasy but nothing that stuck around for too long. After a week or so, I realised I couldn't remember when that time of the month was due and started to suspect! I kept it to myself, because I've been wrong before but after another couple of days I voiced my thoughts to Mr Strong. The next day I felt fine and decided I was being silly again. That night I had a dream about mouldy bread, and woke up feeling SO SO SO sick! The dream was very vivid and I put it down to that. Mr Strong later admitted that was the confirmation for him!! A couple of hours later, I decided to take a pregnancy test just to rule it out. HA! Within 30 seconds I had a big fat line showing a positive pregnancy test!

I have come to the conclusion that God stepped in, and that he wouldn't give us something we couldn't handle, and there was obviously a bigger picture. Despite feeling very daunted, I am excited to meet our new son or daughter, and excited for the future - the idea of having a big family is something I love, and I am looking forward to lots of great family times together.

Having had an Emergency C Section with Erin, and then an Elective C Section with Lara, we knew I would inevitably have another Elective C Section. We have had the scan, all is fine, we have seen the consultants and I am booked in. I won't go into the very long story, but it was a battle last pregnancy and I was worried throughout. I didn't have very nice consultants and it wasn't until I was nearing the end of pregnancy that we knew what was going on. So I'm really pleased everything is sorted so early on - Thank you God!

I am so pleased that God knows what he's doing and has everything planned out. And I am trusting in God that this will be a great pregnancy and birth. Already, I have had almost no sickness, and only really had some nausea and tiredness, which is tons better than my last two pregnancies - especially as I have two toddlers to look after!

Hope you are all having good weeks, I can't wait for the weekend! Friday tomorrow! And I am loving the weather we are having - it smells like holidays outside!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and wanted to say congratulations! At least you will still be in crazy mode, it is harder when you have had a respite from it to go back. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: