Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a day late, but Happy New Year!!!

I can't believe how quickly the end of 2012 seemed to go, we were so busy we just didn't have time to stop! We seemed to breeze through December, and with the help of birthday and Christmas money, seemed to stay afloat without a mad panic of "we've still got a week before payday!"

Erin has truly embraced a love for Winnie the Pooh, has turned 2 (!!) and has become a proper cheeky little girl! Lara is seriously on the move, now nearly 9 months she has teeth number 4 and 5 coming through (at 10 months Erin was still toothless!) and is trying to pull herself up so I don't think it will be too long before she's cruising!

Mr Strong has turned 32 today and I am now 28 - I am that much closer to 30 and find myself thinking what do I want to achieve before I reach that milestone.

Much of this year seems to have been occupied by big changes; the addition of Lara to the family, moving to Norfolk, a massive change in finances particularly now I have finished my maternity leave and officially call myself a "home maker" (slave, cook, cleaner, maid, servant, party entertainer... whatever the list entails!).

I have reached a point in my life where I am thinking what exactly have I achieved and what do I want to achieve going forward. What do I want to grow in this year, and what do I want to work towards. Selfishly, these thoughts are for me, not for my family!

The last 2 years particularly feels like we have been in a complete baby bubble, and I am really ready to move on and find myself again. Being a wife and mummy seems to have swallowed up my time to myself, and as much as they are amazing jobs, they are priority and at the age the girls are at, very demanding!

I have a number of things that I want to achieve this year (my bucket list can wait for another day!) but most of all I am looking forward to enjoying our family now that things are starting to become easier and we feel settled in Norfolk. I am certain that 2013 will be a significant year for us, although I'm not quite sure how, but I am looking forward it.

This year is a time to have fun, a time to find purpose, and a time to find those things to hope for.

Happy 2013! Take a few minutes (grab a cup of tea or equivalent!) and think about what you hope for, and what it is that gets you up every morning (that doesn't include little voices shouting for you!), think of a couple of things that you are passionate for and ways that you can start to make them happen.

"Dreams are the touchstones of our character."
-Henry David Thoreau


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: