Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Cake, cake and ... more cake!

So this week seems to have turned into a cake frenzy!
 
I decided to invite a couple of friends over this week and naturally made a big chocolate cake. In our small group at church that meets every Thursday evening we rotate who makes cake each week - it was our week so I doubled up and made two chocolate cakes at the same time. (I currently have RIDICULOUS amounts of chocolate buttercream in our fridge!)
 
We also have an event on at church and I was asked to make some cupcakes for it, so I am currently "mid batch" - I have 24 cakes cooling, 24 in the oven, and likely to have at least another 12 in once these come out.
 
As we are out tomorrow night at our small group, that means I have all of Friday evening to ice and decorate the cupcakes ready for collection on Saturday morning.
 
The best thing about making cakes is that you can ALWAYS make someones day, whether it's a "surprise knock on the door delivery", a "do you fancy a SLAB of cake!?" or helping out at a local event. Cake making is VERY easy once you know how, and with a bit of practice you can quickly find your speciality.
 
I have to say (unless it's a complete disaster) that I LOVE making cakes. There is no better feeling than having baked to your hearts content, to produce a wonderfully decorated cake for an occasion. It's also a really good and thrifty way of making presents.
 
There's nothing more rewarding than watching my mum open a tin of lovingly baked cakes, the twinkle in her eyes and the "Ok, just one more then...!" that comes with it. Below are a few of my favourites, and I haven't even really started making the themed childrens cakes yet!
 
Why not have a try at a new cake recipe this week, you might create a new favourite!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: