Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Monday, 10 December 2012

I've got to make what?!

Since moving to Norfolk, we have tried to throw ourselves into things and get involved.

Mr Strong bravely volunteered to be in our new church's Panto, having never done anything like it before. He would have been happy with a small part, and having been part of an acapella choir back in Loughborough we thought it'd be a good challenge for him.

He has been given a part as a panto dame! Never having put makeup on before (to my knowledge!) and will be in full costume next weekend.

We are great friends with the panto writer and director, and were advised that Mr Strong would have a costume hired in. But I needed to create some SIZE 12 shoes and ... wait for it ... some comedy boobs!!!

Shoes are solved by buying some black mens plimsoles and I need to stick some sequins and probably tinsel on, but the boobs!?

So, I sat last night (on my birthday!) and spend 3 hours at my sewing machine ranting that I just couldn't do it!Lol! However, this morning, Mr Strong now has a nearly complete bra (just need to finish the straps and velcro on the back)!

Never, did I ever imagine I would be making such a contraption! But it's come out quite well! Not neat but hey, no one is going to see it anyway!

It's amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: