Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Followers

Monday, 19 November 2012

Cheesy Beans

I'm having a hungry day today! It's nearing payday and therefore the cupboards are starting to look a little bare. I suddenly remembered I hadn't had cheesy beans on toast for ages, something my mum used to do as a quick meal.

This is great for using up left overs, especially for when you've tried to buy a cheaper brand of beans on offer and they taste awful!lol! It is very quick, cheap, uses leftovers and very filling!

Ingredients:

1 x 400g Tin of Baked Beans
1 Teaspoon of Basil
1 Teaspoon of Oregano
Grated Cheese (as  much or as little as you like!)

If you don't have basil or oregano, 2 Teaspoons of Mixed Herbs is fine.

Method: (Seems a bit ridiculous really!)
  1. Mix all together in a saucepan and cook over a low heat until all the cheese has melted!
  2. Serve on top of a jacket potato, toast or whatever you fancy!
Tip: Experiment with other herbs - I sometimes add a little garlic and pepper to give it a boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment: